Image Map

Food Adventure Friday- Week 10- Produce Tour

13 January 2012


Last week I needed to go to the grocery store to pick up a prescription. For once, I'm actually caught up on my grocery shopping, so I didn't have any shopping to do. Instead, I decided to take my older two along with me for an "adventure."

We had about a 15 minute wait, so we decided to "tour," the produce section. I was curious to know how many items my kids could identify.  I was actually surprised that they were able to identify so few fruits and vegetables (unless my daughter read them!)

My kids eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but we eat them more than we talk about them, and I don't always name them... they didn't even know celery even though we've had "ants on a log," quite a bit lately and there was celery in the soup we ate just last night!

We each chose something to take home. My daughter picked Starfruit (her new favorite- but, at $2 each, I won't be buying them often!) and my son chose Kiwi.

I chose raspberries and hoped to hoard them and keep them all to myself... but, alas, that was just a dream. It took about 2 minutes for my daughter and younger son to stake a claim!


So, what "Food Adventures," did you have this week?  Link up or share your stories in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your questions, comments, and suggestions so that we can all learn from each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...