Image Map

Something's Gotta Give!

25 October 2011



This is what my kitchen looks like right now. And, truth be told, I don't plan to do a thing about it until tomorrow.  This week, I've taken on new challenges like, Breaking out the breakfast rut, Muffin Tin Meals, and making my first Bento lunch for my daughter.  I looked at this pile in the kitchen and, for once, instead of feeling overwhelmed by the mess, I decided that "Something's gotta give."

All too often when we try something new, we dive in full-force, only to realize that we can't keep up the pace.  And all too often, when we can't keep up, we quit.  If you are trying to teach your kids to be better eaters, you may be tempted to try to do everything all at once. I urge you not to. Start small, start slow, and don't expect much.  Like learning to read, or learning mathematics, learning to be a good eater is a long and slow process. The goal is not to have a good eater today or tomorrow, the goal is to have a good eater for a lifetime, and that takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your questions, comments, and suggestions so that we can all learn from each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...