Image Map

There's a Math Problem in Your Lunch!

16 November 2011


Yesterday I bought some small number cookie cutters and I couldn't wait to use them!  Teaching math is one of my passions, so today, I got to combine food and math!

For the bottom of the lunch, I made a refried black bean, avocado, and cheese quesadilla. I used the cookie cutters to make 5 + 6 = using cheese "glued" with black bean spread.

The top layer has 5 blackberries and 6 strawberries, 5 almonds and 6 raisins, and 11 small corn chips.

So that my daughter wouldn't miss the numbers in the top layer, I told her that there was a math problem in her lunch, and that the top layer was a clue about what was in the bottom.

Want to see how I used the cookie cutters for my boys' lunch? Check out Math + Food = Fun

Check out What's for Lunch Wednesday for more fun lunch ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your questions, comments, and suggestions so that we can all learn from each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...