Image Map

Join the Challenge! 31 Days of Teaching Your Kids to be "Good Eaters"

31 December 2011


This is the time of year for resolutions and goal setting. As adults, many of our resolutions tend to be about food and health... This is likely, in part, due to the overindulgence of the holiday season!

This January, I'm hosting a challenge to set better eating goals, not only for yourself, but for your whole family!

Tomorrow I will be launching the "31 Days to Teach Your Kids to be Good Eaters" Challenge.  Each day I will post a task that will help you move your kids towards better eating habits.  As a teacher, I believe in differentiation (i.e. everyone is starting at a different place and learns in a different way and at a different pace.) Therefore, these challenges will have entry points for all kinds of families and all kinds of kids.

I encourage you to join the challenge and spread the word! There's nothing like accountability and the support of others to keep you on track. I'm hoping to build community over this next month.  Each day you will have the opportunity to share or link-up about your progress.  You'll be able to take advantage of advice from me and from other challenge members as well. The more members who join the challenge, the better the experience will be for all.

Here's your first challenge- a "pre-challenge" if you will...  "Find a Reason," to join the challenge.

When I'm pregnant, my eating habits tend to deteriorate.  Although I know that I should be eating better for the baby and for myself, I have trouble motivating myself to change.  Then, several months ago, I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. My blood sugar was ok during the day, but my fasting blood sugars were high and the doctor wanted to put me on medicine.  Finally, I had the motivation I needed to change my habits. I didn't want to go on medicine, and in order to make that happen, I was going to have to follow all of the "rules," even when I don't want to!

Today, your challenge is to find your reason for changing the way your family eats:

*Are you tired of making "two (or more) dinners?
*Are your kids snacking all day and driving you crazy?
*Is meal time stressful and you're just sick of it?
*Are you concerned that the foods your children are eating are affecting their behavior?
*Do you want to be able to attend family events or go out to a restaurant without worrying about whether there will be something that your kids will eat?
*Are you having trouble cutting your food budget because your kids will only eat "certain" foods?

Whatever your reason, find your reason, find your focus, and then: Join the Challenge!!

Share your reason in the comments, and don't forget to spread the word- post about the challenge, share it on Facebook, and grab the 31 Days Button!



4 comments:

  1. My reason is just because I know I should. Not very inspiring, but my picky eater needs to be a "Good Eater". I'll doing just about anything for him. Can't wait to see how the next 31 days go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you'd do "Just about anything," for your son is more than a good enough reason!! I'm excited to see how the challenge goes! Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to address any specific concerns. Welcome to the challenge Lynda!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is getting bored with the same old stuff, and I need to get out of the habit of planning our menu an hour (or less) before each meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can completely relate Cori. I often find myself stuck in food "ruts." Check out my posts, Day 2: Plan Your Meals: One Family- One Meal, and Day 9: Add Something New to your Meal Plan. They will provide tips and links for making some changes in your planning.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your questions, comments, and suggestions so that we can all learn from each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...