Image Map

Five Old Posts You Probably Haven't Read

24 October 2013



I am really excited, and really nervous, to be starting up the blog again. I've been frantically writing all day but can't seem to commit to, or finish, any one post. I've made it a goal to post something new tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've also been looking back through some of my old posts. To be honest, there were a lot of posts that I wasn't particularly proud of, and some that were more "filler" than anything.

I was, however, able to dig up a few posts that, for whatever reason, very few people read the first time around. A few of them I pretty much left as is, but others, I revised, hoping to breathe some new life into them.

1. Good Eaters vs. Healthy Eaters
This first one was one of my first posts ever. It explains a few of the reasons why I titled the blog Teaching "Good," Eaters.

2. Less is More
I just used this trick two nights ago with my four year old! Lately when I serve sweet potato fries, he says he's full, or doesn't like them, or that his stomach aches, etc. So, this time, I put a heaping pile of fries on everyone else's plate, and 2 measly fries on his. He immediately started to wine, "Hey, how come I didn't get hardly any fries!!!!"

3. Sometimes Food Tastes Better than it Looks
The same night that I made the fries, I made chicken burgers. I hadn't made them in a long time, and to be honest, they looked really unappetizing. I was a bit afraid to try them myself, but once I did, I was reminded of how good they do taste. Before serving them to my kids, I admitted to them that they didn't look nearly as good as they tasted.

4. "Picky Eater," and Other Socially Acceptable Labels we put on our Kids
I constantly struggle with getting my kids to clean up after themselves. Some of my behavior lately made me think of this post.

5. Catch them Eating Good
When I first wrote this, my mom called to tell me how much she liked the post. Sadly, though, it was my least viewed post of all time. And again, it's advice I need to heed when it comes to other habits I'm trying to instill in my kids.

As I bring my blog back to life, I'd love to know what kinds of posts you'd like to see. What kinds of posts do you find the most interesting? Most helpful? What blogs do you read regularly, and what is it that brings you back to their sites?

*By the way, I am currently not allowing comments from "Anonymous," I'll explain why in a later post. However, if you'd like to comment, and have no other way to do so, feel free to comment on the post on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I have checked in every once in a while over the past year to see if your blog was back. Glad to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your questions, comments, and suggestions so that we can all learn from each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...